All bookings currently held with us are still under our current Terms and Conditions and Payment and Refunds Policy (below).
In light of the current COVID-19 situation we know that many people are hesitant about paying deposits and settling balance payments for expeditions and courses in the future. For any bookings made or policies taken out after March 11th 2020, insurance providers are no longer providing cancellation cover for COVID-19. We are responding by removing the need for you to have this coverage.
The following amendments apply to all new bookings with SAIL4Purpose from August 1st 2021 either until December 31st 2021 or until COVID-19 insurance restrictions are lifted.
1. COVID-19 Deposits
All deposits are 10% as normal and shall be paid to SAIL4Purpose at the time of booking.
2. COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- If the Expedition has to be cancelled by SAIL4Purpose anytime due to on-going restrictions of COVID-19 you will be offered an alternative date or equivalent trip in the future. If this does not suit you, then we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your trip.
- If the booking has to be cancelled by the client more than 60 days prior the departure, SAIL4Purpose will offer an alternative date or equivalent trip in the future; and if it does not suit the client, then we will refund 100% of all payments made to us in respect of the trip.
- If the booking has to be cancelled by the client between 30 days and 60 days prior to the departure, SAIL4Purpose will refund 50% of all payments made to us in respect of the trip.
- If the booking has to be cancelled by the client less than 30 days prior the departure, SAIL4Purpose will refund 25% of all payments made to us in respect of the trip.
- In all these situations, when the client has to cancel his trip with SAIL4Purpose, it will be the client’s responsibility to transmit to SAIL4Purpose proper professional documentation from a third party to prove the cancellation was due to COVID-19 solely. Otherwise, the normal cancellation conditions will apply.
Terms &Conditions SAIL4Purpose Expeditions :
The following terms and conditions shall apply if booking a package trip with SAIL4Purpose Expeditions
Validity & Definitions.
SAIL4Purpose refers to the company, PT/PMA SAIL4Purpose, and our boat, also “SAIL4Purpose Expeditions”, “we”, “our”, “us” refers to the Company, its agents, representatives, servants and employees. Prices on our website are based on costs and exchange rates current at the time of publishing. The Client refers to you, your, yourself, and any party travelling with you. The Company reserves the right to alter prices at any time pursuant to the terms contained herein. All published information is accurate to the best of our knowledge at time of publishing, but please note that changes to our trip itineraries can and do occur. The Company will make every effort to keep the client informed of any changes, but cannot be held liable for any alterations or omissions to the published itineraries. Please refer to our website for the most recent up to date information.
To secure a booking, the Company requires an email request or completed booking form together with a non-refundable deposit of 10% of your group or individual booking payable within 10 days of booking. If deposits are not paid SAIL4Purpose reserves the right to re-sell the charter. If there are less than 60 days remaining until the trip is due to commence, the Company requires full payment of the trip within five days of making the booking. If a trip is cancelled by reason outside of the control of the company, eg., an act of natural disaster, an act of terrorism, or an act of fraud, or an act of a legal incapacity on the part of the Company to deliver on the part then the client accepts this risk and will seek no compensation for any moneys paid from the Company. The contract is between the Company and the Client, being the person named on the booking form. The contract, including all matters arising from it, is subject to Indonesian law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indonesian Courts. No employee, contractor or sub-contractor of the Company other than a director has the authority to vary or omit any of these terms or promise any discount or refund.
Payment of your expedition including all monies due, and any surcharges applicable at that time, must be paid to the Company not later than 60 days before commencement. The Company shall notify the Client by email and give 7 days for balance payment to be made, and upon failure of balance payment to be made within this period the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled by the Client, and the client shall forfeit the moneys paid.
Cancellation and rescheduled bookings by the Company
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a trip/booking, you will be entitled to a full refund. We reserve the right to cancel any trip for the, but not limited to, following reasons :
- Trip does not meet minimum group numbers.
- Where circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, extreme weather conditions or technical problems arise with transport.
If this is the case no less than 60 days before the start of the trip you will be offered an alternative date or equivalent trip. If this alternative is not acceptable to you we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your trip. We will not offer any refunds with respect to insurance premiums you may have taken out with any third parties. Before requesting or accepting a refund from SAIL4Purpose Expeditions, you should utilize your insurance coverage.
Cancellation and rescheduled bookings by the Client
A cancellation (including cancellation by the client or force majeure or other reasons out of the Company’s control) results in loss of all monies paid by the client. If a booking is rescheduled with 120 days minimum notice to commencement by way of email, no fee shall apply. If a booking is rescheduled with 60 days minimum notice (but less than 120 days) to commencement by way of email, a re-scheduling fee of 50% of the paid deposit moneys shall apply. If a booking is rescheduled with less than 60 days minimum notice to commencement, a re-scheduling fee equal to 100% of the paid deposit shall apply. No refunds shall be payable if you fail to arrive at the transport link provided by the company at the pick up point on the day prior to commencement, or you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun or you cannot fulfil your planned trip and/or activities due to injury, death or illness. No refunds will be payable for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized.
If you wish to change your booking in any way, you must contact us as soon as possible and we will accommodate your request to the best of our ability. Surcharges may apply.
Substitution of a Client
If any member of the party is prevented from travelling because of any reason, the Company may accept (at its discretion) a transfer of the booking to another suitable person provided that written notice is given prior to the start date of the trip. No fees will be imposed by the Company for this change PROVIDED THAT the Company shall not be liable for any increases in costs relating to services not directly provided by the Company (eg., Air- travel re-ticketing, insurance, baggage surcharge, etc.).
Prices on our website that are not quoted in local currency are based on a recent currency conversion rate, and are not reflective of our costs. The Company reserves the right to change the trip costs to take account of the following items : Fluctuations in currency exchange rates which adversely affect our costs, an increase in Government taxes on our goods or services we provide, including an increase in the cost of fuel. The Company will not be liable for any excess air-travel charges, airport charges and increases in scheduled air-fares (where applicable). The Company will not absorb any increase in booking price should a surcharge be necessary. The Client will have to pay necessary surcharges however if the total increase is more than 10% of the trip cost excluding the costs of insurance and amendment charges, the client may cancel the booking within 7 days notification of the surcharge, and in such circumstances, the Company shall be liable to pay the client a full refund of all moneys received.
The Client agrees to take out appropriate travel insurance whilst on a trip organized by the Company. The Client agrees that it is mandatory that this travel insurance covers adequate personal accident, medical, evacuation and repatriation expenses, as well as cancellation, curtailment, loss of personal effects and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the client. Clients, together with their personal property including baggage, are at all times solely at their own risk. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. When purchasing insurance, the client is responsible to ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities in their trip.
Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of and bring a valid passport (minimum of 3 months remaining before expiry), visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required for the duration of the trip. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
Responsibility and Conduct
The Client acknowledges that participating in our trips requires a degree of flexibility, and understands that the itinerary of a trip, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company. Should the Company deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, it may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. The client will be bound by these changes, and will not hold the Company liable for any loss of enjoyment that may result from such changes. While travelling with the Company, the client will be bound to accept the authority of the leader and/or local operator at all times. You are aware that travel within a group may involve compromise to accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of group members. The Client submits to the authority of the Company to decline, accept, or retain any person as a member of the group at any time, if the Company believes it is acting in the interests of the group as a whole. Further the Client agrees to conduct themselves in a safe and respectful manner at all times both with regard to the Company and with regard to the residents of the places we travel to. In particular, drunkeness will not be tolerated at any time and the Company reserves the right to refuse boarding the boat should the Client arrive in an intoxicated state and/or reserves the right to eject the Client at the earliest convenience should the client become intoxicated and/or conduct themselves in a dangerous and/or disrespectful manner. The Client acknowledges that in such circumstances no refund will be given and furthermore agrees to cover all expenses that result from the Company having to relocate the client if necessary. The Client acknowledges that the Company contracts with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of its trips. To the best of the Company’s knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform. However, the Company will not be held liable for any injury including death, damage, loss, financial loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviour of these third parties. The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for any client who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited. No employee, contractor, sub-contractor, servant or agent of the Company has authority to vary these conditions. This agreement is governed by the laws of Indonesia.
Travelling with the Company may involve risks above and beyond those encountered on a more conventional holiday. The vacations we offer may involve dangerous activities including road travel, boat travel in ocean swells, trekking, diving, snorkelling, spearfishing, surfing in large swells, and other activities. All of which have inherent dangers that can result in serious injury including death. Our employment of surf guides can by way of experience and knowledge endeavour to reduce some of these risks but the risks remain inherent in the activities. You must be prepared to accept the risks associated with these activities if you attend our trips. Our vacations may also involve dangers due to the remoteness of the Indonesian Islands we travel to. We visit some geographical regions where, among other things, the standard of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, telecommunications, and infrastructure may not be of the standard that you are used to or would find on a more conventional holiday. The safety of roads and standard of driving practices may also be lower in some of these regions relative to what you are accustomed to. Although we do our utmost to ensure that our drivers adhere to local driving laws and drive carefully and safely, we cannot guarantee your safety while driving with us and the Company will not be held liable for any loss resulting from road accidents or boat accident that occur during your travels with us. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you accept the risks outlined in the above paragraphs and fully assume the risks of travelling with the Company. You agree to release the Company from any liabilities connected to these risks. NOTE: The client is also responsible to disclose to SAIL4Purpose any existing medical conditions, allergies, or any other related conditions or physical or mental limitations that could affect their personal safety or the safety of others during their expedition. If death or injury results from any existing medical condition either disclosed or undisclosed, in any case, to any party on or off the vessel, SAIL4Purpose will not be held liable for damages, injury, or loss of life.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (hereafter the “Release Agreement”)
By agreeing to this Release Agreement you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue. Please read carefully! To: SAIL4Purpose (PT/PMA SAIL4Purpose, the Company), and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, servants, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereafter collectively referred to as “the RELEASEES”). Assumption of Risk: I, the client, am aware that surfing and any other activities offered by the Company involve the risk of injury including death. I am aware that there is a risk of negligence by the Company and/or the trip operator, including the failure by the Company and/or the trip operator to safeguard or protect me from or warn me of the risks, dangers and hazards of activities including road travel, surfing, trekking, boating, and water sports. I freely accept and fully assume all risks, dangers and hazards associated with participating in a charter expedition with SAIL4Purpose and the possibility of loss, personal injury or death resulting therefrom.In consideration of booking a charter with SAIL4Purpose I hereby agree as follows :
- To waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES and to release the RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death, that I may suffer or that my next-of-kin may suffer as a result of a trip with SAIL4Purpose, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of a duty of care, on the part of the RELEASEES, and further including the failure on the part of the RELEASEES to safeguard or protect me from or warn me of the risks, dangers and hazards of participating in a trip with SAIL4Purpose.
- To hold harmless and indemnify the RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury including death to any third party resulting from my participation in a trip with SAIL4Purpose.
- To not record or disclose the precise location (e.g. GPS coordinates) of any of the places we travel to (except points of embarkation and disembarkation or if necessary the location of the boat in the case of an emergency).
- This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
- This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within Indonesia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Indonesia.
In conclusion the client agrees to abide by any rules, conditions, advice supplied by SAIL4Purpose owners and staff. If SAIL4Purpose personnel feel as though they are not being listened to, are in danger or any other relevant issues e.g. extreme sickness SAIL4Purpose reserves the right to eject any person or persons to a nearby island/port at their discretion.
- I confirm that I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of SAIL4Purpose Expeditions as provided which, together with the provisions of this Disclaimer, comprise the entire agreement between myself and SAIL4Purpose Expeditions in respect of the Expedition.
- I agree to be bound by and obey all rules, regulations, terms and conditions specified by SAIL4Purpose Expeditions during all aspects of my participation or involvement with the Expedition including, without limitation, everything contained within this Disclaimer, the Terms and Conditions of SAIL4Purpose Expeditions and any other applicable safety rules as may be specified from time to time.
- I acknowledge that I owe a duty to myself and others whilst engaging in the expedition to ensure that I do not take any action or step or do or fail to do anything so as to endanger my safety and/or the safety of others.
- I confirm that I will not attempt to repair, modify or tamper with any equipment provided to me for any purpose whilst engaging in the Expedition. I further confirm that I will comply with all instructions and any directions issued by SAIL4Purpose Expeditions or any other authorised leader in relation to the safe and proper use of such equipment.
- I acknowledge that engaging in the Expedition can be physically and mentally demanding and may place me at risk of physical and/or mental harm. I confirm that I am in good health and know of no reason, physical or mental, why I should be unable to participate in the Expedition and engage in the activities comprised therein or would otherwise be advised by a competent medical professional not to engage in the Expedition.
- I acknowledge that engaging in the Expedition may be dangerous and may place me and my fellow team members at risk of physical and/or mental harm. I therefore recognise that my participation in the Expedition is entirely at my own risk and that I will assume all risks of loss, damage, injury or death which may arise and/or be sustained.
- I acknowledge that no guarantee can be given that the Expedition will achieve its ultimate goal as this can be affected both by personal factors, such as my health and physical ability, and also by external factors, such as natural conditions.
- I confirm that SAIL4Purpose Expeditions is entitled at any time and for any reasonable reason to refuse to allow me to continue to participate in the Expedition.
- I acknowledge and agree that I will not hold SAIL4Purpose Expeditions or any other person or company which SAIL4Purpose Expeditions has engaged to assist in the Expedition (together the “Parties”) liable for any illness, loss, injury or death sustained before, during or after my participation in the Expedition and that I irrevocably indemnify and hold the Parties harmless from and against all costs and expenses (including legal costs), actions, proceedings, claims, demands and damage arising from a breach by myself of the undertakings contained herein or arising from any act or omission of myself.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 9 above, I further acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will any of the Parties be liable for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by myself or any other and/or related third party (including my employer if applicable) including, but not limited to, loss of earnings, profits, business or opportunity or any other sort of economic loss.
- I confirm that I understand the necessity to take out adequate insurance, to cover both personal injury and property, at my own expense in order to participate in the Expedition, especially to cover the needs of air rescue from any location connected with the Expedition, and that I will be solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining such insurance to cover all relevant risks of my participation in the Expedition.
- Subject to the Cancellation Policy set in the SAIL4Purpose Expeditions Terms and Conditions, I confirm that I understand that all and any monies paid to SAIL4Purpose Expeditions are non-refundable (except at the sole discretion of SAIL4Purpose Expeditions) should I be unable to or decide for any reason not to participate in or continue with the Expedition, or should I fail to arrive at the notified Expedition rendezvous place, and that I am responsible for taking out any necessary insurance to cover against any loss incurred by me due to my having to cancel or withdraw from the Expedition and/or not being able to participate in or continue with the Expedition for any such reasons.
- I confirm that it is my responsibility to arrange and pay for all travel costs and accommodation (except as expressly stated as included within the Expedition Cost) and to ensure that I arrive at the notified Expedition rendezvous place by the date and time designated. If I arrive late then it will be entirely my responsibility and at my cost if I choose to attempt to join the Expedition late. I confirm that it is my responsibility to take out all necessary insurances against all and any matters relating to such travel including, without limitation, insolvency of any flight provider, cancelled flights and delays, and loss of and damage to my property.